An early morning fire has killed a six-year-old child identified as Emmanuel, at Awka Street in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
It was learnt that the building went up in flames at about 1.30am on Thursday as a result of an adulterated kerosene which exploded in a stove.
According to Punch, the fire affected part of the building, adding that neighbours who could have come to the rescue of both mother and child were asleep when the incident occurred.
According to an eye witness , the mother of the child sustained serious injury while trying to save her son from the flames and was rushed to a hospital by sympathisers.
When contacted, the Information Officer of the National Emergency Management Agency in the state, Mr. Victor Akpakpan, said they had not been informed of the fire outbreak.
Share To:

Polycarp

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours